INSTRUCTIONS FOR SPEAKERS
The schedule of the oral presentations will be available soon in the detailed program. Session chairs are requested to keep the speakers to time. Make sure to bring your presentation file written on a USB flash drive. Speakers are kindly requested to upload their presentation file to the laptop in the lecture hall preferably a half day before the beginning of the corresponding session.
Please prepare your presentation in .ppt, .pptx (Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003-2017 format) or .pdf file. Please note that using your own notebook is not recommended. If your presentation contains embedded videos, please consult the technical staff in advance.
VGA connectors for Mac computers will not be available. Mac computers will not be used and presentations will need to be transferred from the Mac to one of the IMFAR PCs. We strongly discourage the use of personal laptops for presentation.
Please be in the room in which you will be presenting about 10 minutes prior to your session, so that you can check that your slides are properly loaded. Please bring a copy of your slides on a USB drive in case there is any problem.
- Presentations will last 12 minutes.
- After the 12 minute presentation, there will be 3 minutes allotted for questions from the session chair and audience. A Session Chair will strictly adhere to these time limits.
- During the 3-minute question and answer period, the next speaker will come to the podium and make sure that his or her slides are loaded and ready for the next presentation.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR POSTER PRESENTERS
Only posters of submitted and accepted abstracts will be offered presentation.
Please note the following information for the preparation of your poster.
Please bring your printed poster with you to the congress.
A flash talk is a short presentation lasting only 3 minutes, including 2 slides in which you present your scientific concept or idea in a manner understandable to those outside your immediate field and also draw the attention of the audience to visit your poster.
- A single, static PowerPoint slide is permitted. The slide will be presented from the beginning of the talk.
- No additional electronic media (e.g. sound and video) or props are allowed
- Presentations are limited to three minutes maximum and two slides.
- The poster layout is PORTRAIT.
- Please prepare your poster to fit the dimensions below, it is recommended that poster be prepared on one sheet of poster paper.
- The dimensions of the poster should not exceed 84 cm width x 1.19m height.
- Allocate the top of the poster for the title and authors as stated on the submitted abstract.
- The text, illustrations, etc. should be sized to be read from a distance of cca. two meters.
- Pins will be available for the mounting of posters.
- Please refer to the Final Program book that you will receive upon arrival at the Congress for the poster board number assigned to you.
- Please use the board with the same number.
Suggested template for the poster is as below:
Posters should be prepared for standard STANDING (PORTRAIT) A/0 size (84 x 119 cm – 1 sqm).
PLEASE DO NOT PRINT A LANDSCAPE POSTER!
INFORMATION FOR POSTER PRESENTATIONS
Posters will be on display for the duration of the congress.
Posters are mounted from 08:00 on Monday and removed after sessions on Thursday.
FC2018 and the organisers thereof will not be responsible for posters that are not removed on time or that are damaged.
We hereby offer you the possibility to print your poster locally, in case you you do not want to be bothered with putting your poster with you, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Price: 35 EUR
Required format: .pdf file (please take care for sizing, and the quality of images, please add crop marks and bleed)
Order deadline: 5 October 2018
Please note that advanced payment is required. Each poster will be checked and confirmed technically, after this confirmation a proforma will be sent on the service.